News Archive - More News
How To Increase Your Online Sales Dramaticallyby Alex Wong
People are always asking, "How can you help to increase my internet sales?" And all too often, when I ask them to tell me about their business models I discover they’re selling only one product. So I ask them, “Have you ever considered selling backend products to your customers?”
Backend products are simply other products you can offer to your existing customers after they’ve made their initial purchase.In fact, by adding just one more product to your site, you can increase the lifetime value of your customers–and increase your revenue–by 30 to 50 percent.
For example, you can:
1.Offer products that complement your initial product. For instance, if you sell laptop, offer your customers a laptop bag to carry them in. Or you could Biometric USB Flash memory with FingerPrint recognition, SecuriKey USB Access Control for Mac & PC , ioRAID Encrypted External Firewire/USB 2 Combo Drive, ioRAID Standard Firewire / USB 2 Dual Interface External Hard Drives–the list is endless
2. Sell more of the same product at a discounted price. If your product is refillable or needs to be regularly replaced, this strategy works especially well. For example, if you sell things like printer cartridges or batteries, you’ve got it made. But even if your product isn’t refillable, you can show your customers you appreciate them by offering them a special discount on the product they’ve already bought. That way, if they like the product, they can buy it as a gift for family and friends.
3. Use paid subscriptions as backend products. If you’ve established yourself as an expert in your industry, you can build on your reputation by offering a subscription to premium information, available only to members. For example, if your main product is a fly fishing kit, you could sell a subscription to an exclusive course on advanced fly fishing techniques as a back-end product. You could deliver this paid-for content through a members-only website or by e-mail.
4. Try splitting up your current product. For example, if you were selling a book on how to organize your home, you could offer a basic version for $9.95 to generate a large volume of sales at a low price. Then, 30 days later, you could offer your customers an advanced, expanded version that includes home office management and scheduling software for $29.95 or even $39.95–and increase your profits dramatically.
5. Try selling your customers an upgrade to their product. If they’ve used and liked your basic model, your customers will be open to receiving offers for an upgraded version. For example, if you sell e-books that teach people how to use a particular piece of software, you can sell updated versions to previous buyers when the software package in question is upgraded.
6. Write a book or create a video. E-books are great backend products with high profit margins. Consider writing a short book on a topic related to your product or service. For instance, if you sell gourmet puppy food, you might consider writing a book titled “Training Secrets That Will Have Every Puppy Housebroken and Learning Basic Obedience in Less Than One Week.” You could even offer a special video that complements your product or service: If you sell barbecue equipment, you might offer a video that teaches people how to perfect their barbecuing techniques.
7. Offer someone else’s product. Probably the fastest–and easiest–way to add new products to your site is to join another business’s affiliate program and recommend their products in exchange for a percentage of each resulting sale. Selling affiliate products can be a very lucrative way to increase your sales, especially since you don’t have to spend any time or money developing a new product of your own.
About the author:
More Resources continue at